Choosing the best Android phone can seem overwhelming with so many choices, but ultimately it comes down to a few simple questions:
- How far can you stretch your budget?
- How important are cameras to you?
- Will you play games or run demanding mobile apps?
- What’s your preference when it comes to size and form factor? Smaller? Larger? Folding?
Once you know what’s important to you, the list narrows down considerably. If you’re not too familiar with smartphone tech, check out our detailed buyer’s guide for more info. If you’re feeling comfortable and confident, check out our top picks below. We’ve tested and reviewed hundreds of devices and picked out the best Android phones you can buy in 2023, starting with a device we think everyone will love.
The best Flagship Android phone is the Galaxy S23 Ultra
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra 1TB Price in China is $599, Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra comes with Android 13 Os One UI 5.1, 6.8 inches Dynamic AMOLED Display, Qualcomm SM850-AC Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 (4 nm) Chipset, Quad Rear and 12MP Selfie Camera.See the Price at Ripesale
What makes it stand out
- Impressive design: The S23 Ultra is one of the most feature-packed, premium devices on the market.
- Perfect performance: This phone pulls out all the stops, with custom silicon built just for Samsung.
- The best camera in the biz: A versatile four-camera setup provides the best shooting experience you’ll find in the mobile world.
The best Foldable Android phone is the Galaxy Z Fold 5
What makes it stand out
- It folds: The unique design folds out into a be a bright, sharp 7.6-inch tablet panel with a near-square aspect ratio.
- Great cameras: The Z Fold 5 has cameras to match its flagship price, with a versatile set of top performing lenses.
- Marvelous multitasking: Thanks to unique Android 13 features and S Pen support, the Z Fold 5 is a multitasker’s dream device.
The best of the rest
While we think the Galaxy S23 Plus is the best Android phone for most people, there are plenty of other great options out there. If you’re looking for something a bit more niche, here are our picks for the best of the rest:
- Samsung galaxy z flip 5 ($469 at Ripesale): Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 5 Price in China, It comes with Android 13 OS, 6.7 inches Foldable Dynamic AMOLED 2X, 120Hz Display, Qualcomm SM8550-AB Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 (4 nm) Chipset, Octa core CPU, 8GB RAM and 256GB ROM / 512GB ROM..
- Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra($499 at Ripesale): The true successor to the Note 20 Ultra, the S23 Ultra is the most feature-packed and premium smartphone you can buy outside of foldable.
- Huawei Mate 60 Pro($509 at Ripesale): It comes with HarmonyOS 4.0, 6.82 inches LTPO AMOLED, 120Hz Display, Kirin 9000S (5nm) Chipset, Triple Rear and Dual Selfie Cameras, 12GB and 256GB ROM / 512GB ROM / 1TB ROM.
- Huawei Mate X5 ($899 at Ripesale): Huawei Mate X5 introduces a unique four-fold design that’s both balanced and soft. With its four-curved body, it promises a comforting touch, almost like a light feather resting in the palm of your hand..
- Xiaomi 13 Ultra ($449 at Ripesale): Xiaomi 13 Ultra Wholesale Price in China Start is $449, it comes with Android 13 OS, 6.73-inch LTPO3 AMOLED, 120Hz Display, Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 Chipset, Quad Rear and 32MP Selfie Camera, 12GB RAM / 16GB RAM and 256GB ROM / 512GB ROM / 1TB ROM ..
- Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 5: If you have money to burn, the Galaxy Z Fold 5 is the most premium device you can buy. It folds out into a tablet and supports an S Pen, making it a unique experience in the Android phone world.
- OPPO FIND X6 PRO ($399 at Ripesale): Oppo Find X6 Pro Price in China Start is $399, Oppo Find X6 Pro comes with Android 13 OS, 6.82 inches LTPO3 AMOLED, 120Hz Display, Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 (4 nm) Chipset, Triple Rear and 32MP Selfie Camera..
- XIAOMI MIX FOLD 3 ($499 at Ripesale): Xiaomi Mi Mix Fold 3 5G Price in China starts $499. It comes with 12/16 GB RAM / 512/1TB GB internal storage, Black color, 50MP Triple rear camera and 20MP front selfie camera, Processor Qualcomm SM8475 Snapdragon 8+ Gen 2 (4 nm), Android 13, Battery Capacity 5000mAh, 8.5 inch display..
- OPPO Find X6 Pro ($389 at Ripesale): This is probably the most striking smartphone design we’ve ever seen, and it’s not just a pretty face. It’s got great cameras and battery life, it’s available in the US.
- OPPO FIND N2 ($569 at Ripesale): Find N2 foldable phone is the perfect size fold display, the phone is small enough to easily carry in a pocket or purse, But when unfolded, it boasts a large, squarish OLED display with a diagonal size of 7.1 inches and a landscape aspect ratio of 9:8.4, allows for a more immersive viewing experience when streaming movies or playing games..
- OPPO FIND N2 FLIP ($399 at Ripesale): Oppo Find N2 Flip Price in China start $379, Oppo Find N2 Flip comes with Android 13 Os, 6.8 inches Foldable AMOLED Display, Mediatek Dimensity 9000+ (4nm) Chipset, Dual Rear and 32MP Selfie Camera..
- vivo X90 Pro ($439 at Ripesale): The vivo X90 Pro is a good all-around alternative to phones from Samsung and Google, but it’s available in the US and comes with excessive software bloat.
- Xiaomi 13 Pro (£399 at Ripesale): MIUI is still a bit heavy-handed, but the Xiaomi 13 Pro is a stellar smartphone from top to bottom. There is also the Xiaomi 13 Ultra for even more power, but neither phone is officially available in the US.
- VIVO X FOLD 2 ($499 at Ripesale): The VIVO X Fold 2 is a new foldable smartphone from one of China’s top smartphone manufacturers. Vivo X Fold 2 Price in China is $699, it comes with Android 12 Os, 8.03 inches Foldable LTPO AMOLED Display, Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 Chipset, Quad Rear and 16MP Selfie Camera.